Monday 21 June 2021

Sugarcane

 Sugarcane



It was my first time trying out sugarcane in five years when I visited Tonga. I was looking forward to trying it out since I haven’t tasted it in a while but I knew that it would be a good experience.


Firstly my teacher was chopping the sugarcane for us to share, she chopped the sugarcane with her ‘African muscles’ and she cut them well. After that we all sat down and she came around giving out one piece of sugarcane. We had to strip the skin off and eat the inside. When I first ate it, it didn’t taste as good as I ate them when I was a kid because it didn’t have a lot of juice and instead of sugar it gave me plain stone.  

But in the end I enjoyed it.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Peliasi
    Fabulous Work!
    I am impressed about your story eating sugar cane great work!
    I do hope you post more things in the future about sugar cane.
    Once again great job!
    Bye Ari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora peliasi.
    Great work!
    I hope you post more things in the future about sugarcane.
    How you had sugarcane before?

    ReplyDelete