Tuesday 15 September 2020

Figurative Language

Name: Peliasi
Date: September 15
Figurative Language

Below are sentences that contain a metaphor or a simile. Identify the similes and metaphors

1) The sky was the colour of the calm Pacific thousands of miles from land.
2) I am as hungry as a bear recently awakened from hibernation.
3) She was a kite, floating above the confusion around her.
4) Like a silent thief, the dog crept into the kitchen.
5) My thoughts fluttered from subject to subject like a butterfly visiting flowers in a field.
6) The dark, cold and silent room was a tomb.
7)  My noisy sister was like a buzzing fly.
8) Soft and warm, the bed was an inviting oasis.
9) The child’s tears were cold raindrops from a tiny cloud.
10) The sunshine was like a warm blanket on a cold and rainy night



Metaphor
Simile
1 - My sister is short like a tree
2 - The night was as dark as the black marker
3 - Im as smarter than Albert Einstein
4 - I felt like i was tall on top of a mountain
5 - My house is like a haunted house

No comments:

Post a Comment